Data warehouse, MIS and BI tools for Pilsen Region
11. 6. 2012
GIST won the public tender for the supply of "warehouse management information system and business intelligence tools".
This is a contract made in their Pilsen Region, entitled "ICT services technology center of the Pilsen Region - Part I, III., IV. and V." Challenges No. 08 on "Development of services in regions eGovernement" Integrated Operational program (IOP).
The project aims is to provide through the implementation of data warehouse, analysis and presentation tools:
- deepening and broadening the use of information tools and information potential of the region towards municipalities, allowance organizations, citizens of the county, county employees and managers, ie. efficient and user-friendly access to all relevant data the county levels of government stakeholders,
- increase the usability, yield and information value of regional information to improve and accelerate decision-making processes of public administration region
- saving public money, increase efficiency of operation of the Regional Office, particularly in data processing - automation and unification of the processes
- create a standard reference base for decision making in local government agendas, measuring the effectiveness of processes (strategies, priorities) associated with the development of the region,
- collecting all available data and information relevant to the client and interesting activities for the public,
- providing public information on the status and development of the Pilsen Region
- eliminate redundancy in data acquisition and use of authorities in the Pilsen Region.
About Pilsen region
Pilsen region is situated in the southwest of the Czech Republic. It adjacents to the northwest of Carlsbad, in the north with the Ústecký region, in the north to Central and east with the South Bohemian Region. The longest border is in the southwest of the FRG (Bavaria). Very convenient location is the region between the capital Prague and the countries of Western Europe.
Its area of Pilsen Region is the third largest region in the Czech Republic, while the population is ranked ninth. The total population of the Czech Republic is involved in 5.4%. After South County is the second lowest populated region in the Czech Republic.
The settlement structure of the region is unbalanced - to the metropolitan Pilsen builds small rural structure. It meets the city of medium size. A typical feature is the large number of small settlements. Cadastral municipalities up to 2000 thousand inhabitants account for more than 4/5 area of the region and home to over 30% of the population.
Visit www.kr-plzensky.cz for more about the Pilsen region.