Zeelandia Data Warehouse
27. 7. 2010
The data warehouse was built over the operational information system iScala and it is built up on the base of a successful pilot project.
The main benefits of a data warehouse in terms of Zeelandia include:
- Ensuring a consistent approach to sales data through the Microsoft presentation tools (Reporting Services, SharePoint)
- An analysis of sales data in terms of stores, dealers, customers, range, region, etc.
- Drill-down to the desired level of detail in communication with the customer
- Tracking results using a defined period of time and with relative time
- Automate sales reporting, including control mechanisms to ensure consistency of reported data
- Ensuring a comfortable presentation environment for different user groups
- Exposure to such a system architecture that allows to Excel 2010 sales planning with OLAP - Write Back functionality
- The controlling know-how and promoting the use of Microsoft technologies within the BI competency center (a joint project of Microsoft and GIST).
After implementing a data warehouse in the sale is expected to develop into other areas (purchasing, logistics, economics).
Zeelandia (formerly Lactoprot Bohemia) has been operating on the Czech market since 1990. Over the years it has become the leading supplier of raw materials and products for bakers and confectioners in our market. In 1993 the company expanded its activities as well as the food. Some products (fruit fillings, nut mixes and liquid gouache) are produced in Malšice for the whole Zeelandia.
Production process itself is subject to strict scrutiny and products to get customers primarily through its own logistics network.
Zeelandia company implements its own new product development, through the combined efforts of development teams in Bohemia and abroad supply customers with products that meet their needs and wishes. The aim is to facilitate customers in their work, provide the best materials and offer assistance in introducing new products to market. Zeelandia its range is able to meet as a large customer-made products tailored to small producers.
Zeelandia employs approximately 130 employees and its annual sales is nearly CZK 750 million.
Visit www.zeelandia.cz for more about the company.